Electoral reform

How do I participate?

Take the survey between October 4 and December 14. You can also pick up a paper copy of the survey from the inquiry desk at government’s main administration building at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse.

We are also contacting organizations that serve traditionally disenfranchised people in an effort to make sure we are reaching all Yukoners. If we missed your organization, please contact us at electoralreform@gov.yk.ca.

Note that we have extended the engagement period from November 30 to December 14. This is because the delivery of the electoral reform information pamphlet to Yukon households was delayed.  If you have not received a pamphlet, you can download one here or contact us for a hard copy. 

What is this engagement about?

We want to improve our democracy, and we want your input to make sure we head in the right direction.

This fall, we are asking what issues are most important to you when it comes to how Yukoners make their voices heard, the system we use to elect territorial governments, and how territorial political parties and elected officials work.

In the spring we will strike an independent commission on electoral reform. We will ask it to work on the priorities Yukoners have identified and to make recommendations to us in a final report for fall 2019.

How will my input make a difference?

The priorities you and other Yukoners identify will inform the mandate of the independent commission on electoral reform.

Where can I find related information?

Where can I find results?

We will share the findings of this public engagement in winter of 2018-19.

Give your feedback on the engagement process

How did we do at this public engagement? Tell us by completing a short questionnaire.

Rate our public engagement process.

Last updated:

Send us your feedback

We will use this information to improve our services
The feedback you send will be anonymous. For security and privacy reasons, do not include personal or financial information.

Search the site

Contact us

Contact eservices@gov.yk.ca if you have a question about the site