Talking Yukon Parks
How do I participate?
- Get thinking: Read this discussion document on shaping the future of Yukon territorial parks and campgrounds. We would love to hear what you think about these topics, or any other input you have on developing a Yukon Parks Strategy.
- Attend an event: Watch this page for details of events in various communities starting in May 2018.
- Email us your comments: Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do a survey: We will be running a survey in the summer months, which will be available online here as well as in territorial parks and campgrounds
- Meet with us: if you represent an organization or group that would like to get involved, contact us at email@example.com, or (867) 667-5648. We can work together to host workshop at a gathering of your membership, a meeting with your representatives or we can discuss how else to gather your input.
Participate before July 15, 2018.
What is this engagement about?
Help us create a Yukon Parks Strategy. The Government of Yukon is starting to develop a Yukon Parks Strategy to set long-term direction for Yukon’s territorial parks, which include wilderness parks, campgrounds, recreation sites, and other parks. People’s demands and expectations of our parks are evolving. The strategy will provide strategic guidance on how to sustainably deliver the environmental, economic, social, and health benefits of parks and campgrounds.
How will my input make a difference?
Your input will help us set the vision and broad direction for Yukon’s system of territorial parks, including wilderness parks, campgrounds, recreation sites, and other parks.
Yukoners and visitors have a strong connection to parks and campgrounds, so we want to ensure that the strategy considers your hopes, needs and expectations.
After this first phase, we will develop a Draft Yukon Parks Strategy and any related proposed changes to the regulations under the Parks and Land Certainty Act. We will ask for feedback on those drafts in another stage of public engagement in early 2019.
Where can I find related information?
Where can I find results?
The results of this phase of engagement will be posted here in the fall of 2018, and a draft strategy will be shared here for public review in early 2019.