Updating Yukon's Agriculture Policy (closed)
This engagement is now closed. It ran from 2018-04-30 to 2018-08-01.
Find the results
Results at a glance
We received 206 valid responses to the online public questionnaire.
We received 18 responses to the stakeholder survey.
We had face-to-face conversations and email submissions from another 30 individuals.
We also held group meetings with farmers in Dawson and Whitehorse.
- 89% of respondents noted that it was important or very important to have access to local foods.
- 74% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with local products.
- Many people said expressed a strong need for environmental protection that aligns with agricultural activities.
What was this engagement about?
The goal of the agriculture policy is to encourage the growth of the agriculture industry so that it:
- produces high-quality products for local consumption;
- is economically viable;
- operates in an environmentally sustainable way; and
- contributes to community well-being.
The agriculture policy sets out the government’s priorities and actions for supporting agriculture development in the Yukon.
How will my input make a difference?
Your input will help us create an updated agriculture policy to support the development of Yukon agriculture in the next 10 years. Your feedback will tell us if we’re on the right track.