Yukon Tourism Development Strategy (closed)
This engagement is now closed. It ran from 2018-01-19 to 2018-04-13.
Results at a glance
Over 500 Yukoners shared their thoughts through an online survey, formal submissions, or in-person at one of our 55 engagement sessions. In total, we received over 12,000 comments about how to sustainably grow tourism in the territory.
What we heard:
- Loving Yukon
- Encouraging a thriving tourism sector
- Preserving and enjoying our natural environment
- Honouring our heritage
- Celebrating our cultural diversity
- Building healthy communities
- Developing partnerships
- Fostering innovation
- Improve visitor access to Yukon and support infrastructure
- Improve signage
- Respectful access to and protection of land, natural resources and traditions
- Support the development of authentic and meaningful Yukon First Nations tourism experiences
- Support the development of arts, culture and heritage experiences
- Develop experiences that build on Yukon’s strengths
- Develop experiences that extend the tourism season
- Develop awareness through authentic marketing and promotions
- Celebrate Yukon First Nations
- Celebrate Yukon’s diverse and vibrant communities
- Visitor awareness
- Work together to support tourism
- Improve industry standards and regulations
- Make it easier for Yukoners to do business
- Support decision making through evidence-based research
What was this engagement about?
This engagement was about creating a long-term vision for tourism that all Yukoners could see themselves in. The steering committee recommended the strategy, Sustainable Tourism. Our Path. Our Future, to the Government of Yukon on November 23, 2018.
The strategy is guided by the core values expressed by Yukoners and lays out a ten-year vision for tourism to be a vibrant, sustainable component of Yukon’s economy and society for the benefit of future generations. The document lays out these values as well as goals and strategic actions to form the basis for future action plans.
We asked Yukoners to share their thoughts on the draft Yukon Tourism Development Strategy before October 3, 2018.
How will my input make a difference?
Your feedback has helped us finalize a Yukon Tourism Development Strategy. This strategy will guide future action plans on key strategic priorities for sustainably developing tourism in the territory.
Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts, expertise and passions throughout this process.