Draft Quill Creek Timber Harvest Plan - Haines Junction
How do I participate?
Review the draft plan
Participate in the online survey
What is this engagement about?
- if the draft timber harvest plan for the Quill Creek area meets the needs of the people in the Kluane region; and
- if you feel the plan provides a balanced approach for the management and use of forests in the area.
The Quill Creek Draft Timber Harvest Plan:
- identifies values and interests related to the forests in the Quill Creek area; and
- provides a balanced approach for the management and use of these forests.
The recommended plan guides:
- how and where forest harvesting may occur;
- how forestry will contribute to the local economy; and
- addressing the risk of forest fires in the area.
The draft plan considers key values and concerns including:
- fish and wildlife habitat;
- forest health; and
- existing development.
The draft timber harvest plan was prepared by Yukon Wood Products Association with input provided by:
- Champagne and Aishihik First Nations;
- Alsek Renewable Resources Council; and
- the Government of Yukon.
Through this engagement we want to inform the public about the contents of the draft plan and gather feedback on the recommended plan.
How will my input make a difference?
This engagement is one of several ways to provide feedback on the recommended plan.
Additional opportunities to comment on the draft timber harvest plan for Quill Creek will be available when the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board reviews the plan later this year.
The information you share will help the Government of Yukon decide on the final timber harvest plan for Quill Creek.
Where can I find related information?
Where can I find results?
We will post results on this site by January 31, 2020.