Yukon University legislation (closed)

This engagement is now closed. It ran from 2019-05-15 to 2019-06-30.

Find the results

The results for this survey will be published on this website once all data has been collected.  

What was this engagement about?

Yukon College is in the process of transitioning to Yukon University. To support this transition, university legislation is required and the Government of Yukon is developing the legislation to oversee and guide the activities of Yukon University.

In Canada, it is the responsibility of the province or territory to oversee post-secondary institutions. In Yukon, the Government of Yukon oversees Yukon College through the Yukon College Act. However, to ensure Yukon University meets the requirements of a university, new legislation is needed that will provide a framework that defines a university in Yukon. 

To ensure Yukon University continues to meet the diverse education needs of Yukon citizens, the Government of Yukon is asking the public, partners and Yukon First Nations for feedback on key aspects of the legislation, including:

  • university mandate;
  • government oversight and university autonomy;
  • university accountability;
  • university governance; and
  • program delivery in Yukon communities

Learn more about some key terms to be aware of as you fill out the online survey.

How will my input make a difference?

Your feedback will be considered alongside feedback from Yukon First Nations governments, municipalities and students and staff from Yukon College as the new legislation is drafted for Yukon University.

Give your feedback on the engagement process

How did we do at this public engagement? Tell us by completing a short questionnaire.

Rate our public engagement process.


Last updated:

Send us your feedback

We will use this information to improve our services
The feedback you send will be anonymous. For security and privacy reasons, do not include personal or financial information.

Search the site

Contact us

Contact eservices@gov.yk.ca if you have a question about the site